Monday, April 3, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo 4-17

Hello! I apologize for the long wait, but I've been busy with school and procrastination. I'm here to introduce my NaNo novel for April (a few days late, I know). I've set my word count goal at 30k for the month. I was going to go for the full 50k but didn't know if that would stress me out too much during this pretty-much-last-month of high school. So setting the bar a little lower, but not too low.

I am very excited, as I haven't written a long part of a novel in quite a while - years, actually. Now here goes with a short summary (partly due to the fact that there really isn't a summary yet) and some character intros.

Brief synopsis:
Several years ago, many children aged two or younger disappeared, kidnapped without a trace. The cases were closed with no results, but then older children, the age that these babies would have been, appeared. Except they are no longer human. And they want blood. To combat this, an organization arose with the sole purpose of exploring this new breed and keeping them from harming the public. Cade Lawson works for said agency. He knows these children are simply monsters bearing only a shadow of humanity, but an encounter with three young teens throws all he's learned and accepted into disarray.

Characters (I don't have images because I can't access Pinterest at school, so yeah):

Cade - My brown haired, brown-eyed MC, not notably tall, but not short either. He works with guns and other projectile weapons (If that's what they're called??). He's basically an agent, and although he's one of the popular kids at school, he has plenty to hide.

Caleb - A young primary character with brown hair and green eyes. He's the oldest of his three-person group and works to help out the agency from the shadows.

Mari - Asian, the youngest and only girl in her trio. She's smart and does a lot of the technical work behind the scenes.

Noah - The detective in the group, he likes figuring things out and exploring just for the point of knowing what happens.

Elise - Works in the administration department and attends the same high school as Cade. She doesn't usually get involved in the action and rather organizes schedules and such.

And that's the main points of my NaNo novel for this month. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment about the content or with any suggestions; I would be happy to hear from you. Just please keep it civil and PG.